December 24, 2016

Drawn Gun

Aaron gave a little scoff and moved the whole cookie over to Sam. "Be my guest. I wouldn't make a steady diet out of it though."

He sighed a little as he fought his mind's desire to stay in the past. After this many years, he shouldn't care anymore. It was silly to let the past get to him like this. But without fail, he was miserable every birthday.

He picked up a stray crumb that had broken off the cookie, and nibbled on it. "How come you're not yelling at me for getting out of the infirmary?" He questioned. "I half expected a drawn gun."


Garret gave Nate a wry grin. "Oh, I've had enough of that place to last me a lifetime. But... yeah, I'll come in with you. As much as I'm irritated about this whole thing, I'm sure coming in will sit better with Reese instead of avoiding the whole thing."

He glanced at the clock and yawned. It really wasn't all that late, but he felt exhausted from the evening's activities. Maybe it was more emotional tiredness than physical.

"Thanks...for sticking up for me with the whole Scott thing. Even if it didn't do any good, I...appreciate it."