December 17, 2016

Never Stop

Ryan's small bit of humor made Hunter laugh, his eyes twinkling. There was still a bit of the old Ryan left under there somewhere. It just seemed to be buried under...a whole lot of crap no one should have to deal with.

As Zidan came into the room, his eyebrows rose and he paused mid-chew on this pizza. He hadn't expected a dog, let alone a Doberman. He just remained still even when growled at, and didn't make a move to leave or advance. He nodded at Ryan's question. "Actually yeah. Where I'm at now, they don't allow pets but I'd like a dog sometime." He cocked his head, studying Zidan. "He's a gorgeous dog."

Eli grinned. "I think he'd look out for this place if we weren't home, but he's usually a big ol' softy."

Hunter chuckled and nodded. "I wouldn't want to try anything with his mistress. Looks like he's got his place right there beside her."

Things were quiet for a few minutes, but really...it wasn't an awkward silence. Hunter was a little surprised at how comfortable he felt, but in all honesty, he was, despite not knowing Eli or Ryan all that well. This place had a welcoming atmosphere that told him these were good people. "So....you like riding on Eli's bike, huh?"

Eli glance at Ryan with a new grin. "She's one of the few people I'll take as a passenger since she doesn't fight the curves."

Hunter knew what he meant and nodded. The worst thing was having a stiff passenger or one who fought the ride. "My bike's not all that comfy for a passenger, but doable." He missed having Katie behind him. "Some days all I wanna do is just ride and never stop." He took another bite of pizza. "Movies are good though. Give me a good fantasy flick any day. What about you?" He grinned at Ryan. "Chick flicks or action?"


Reese thought hard for several moments before finally nodding his decision. "Nate, I want you and Jason and Hope to go to the facility and check it out. If amything really is happening there, I want you there for Garret and her there for Scott." He looked up at Dalton again. "I want you to start combing the area. Check his house or anywhere else he might have gone to, like the park or any other favorite spots. Take anyone you want with you or coordinate with someone. I'll leave that part up to you. You might ask Sapphire too."

He gave Nate one last glance. "You get Jason. I'll get Hope. I want you to leave immediately so we can rule that chance out of the equation." Leaving the main room, he aimed for Hope's office, getting there and knocking. "Hope?" He stepped inside. "Would you please go with Nate and Jason? Scott is missing and they're going to make sure Garret didn't take him to that facility for the assimilation upgrade."