December 31, 2016

Test

Aaron kept fiddling with his legos, although he smirked just a little. She knew he'd been out last night. Finally pausing, he cocked his head as he looked at her. "So... you want me to follow the rules just so you don't get into trouble? What about me? I can't just stare at these four walls all day."

A painful twinge in his knee made him wince. As he recovered, his expression had grown closer to a scowl. "You wanna keep me in here? Take away the perks." He gestured to the magazines and legos, even though under the surface it would kill him. "And cuff me to the bed. Only you better use something other than the cuffs you've been using. And while you're at it, tell the new guy that therapy is out. Oh and maybe you should just shackle me at lunchtime too. Spoon feed me. Bathroom breaks? I guess you can be creative with that one." 

He crossed his arms grouchily. He knew he couldn't be taken back downstairs yet unless she went against doctors orders. It was too difficult getting him upstairs to the infirmary when needed. "It's not my fault I'm stuck here." He glanced at her out of the corner of his eye. How determined was she? Where was her breaking point? Was she a quitter? He wanted to see. 


Hunter nodded. "Yeah sure." His own legs could use some stretching too.

It wasn't too long before a rest stop came into view. It was a nice clean one with a grassy lot for anyone to stretch or walk around. After using the restroom, Hunter grabbed a bottle of water from the car and sat on the hood to wait for Ryan.

The sun was up now and it felt like it was going to be a nice day. Perfect for driving. He took a swig of water and nodded to Ryan a few minutes later. "You alright?" He didn't want it to sound patronizing - he just didn't know if she had felt claustrophobic, needed the bathroom or if it was more than that, and he just wanted to make it easy on her.