December 20, 2016

Vacation

Sam thought for a long moment after laughing. Thinking about her own self with a bat was slightly humors and scary at the same time.

   "We'll it depends where you are going, but if it happens to be McDonald, I'll take chicken nuggets with honey musters sauce, small dry, and just water to drink."

Looking up at the sound of the door opening Nate was surprised anyone was coming down so soon. As the door opened and Laura stepped in Nate was even more surprised. He didn't expect her to come all the way down here. 

   "Yes I was going to no matter how long."

Shifting just a little Nate made room so Laura could sit down next to him. Looking at her hand on his leg Nate wasn't sure why but he felt like he'd just been caught doing something he shouldn't be. Looking up at her again as she spoke Nate couldn't help the tears that escaped his eyes. Was he really being silly about this whole thing? Was this not helping.

Looking over at Garret for a second and than back to Laura Nate let out a long sigh. Maybe he was more use out there than he was in here. 

   "Ok, I'll leave. "

Standing Nate didn't know what else to say. He had been so determined to stay here with Garret, thinking that's what he needed that now he felt just silly. 

   "I'll see you again soon."

Leaving the cell he let out a long sign before waiting for Laura to catch up. Putting his arm over her shoulders he just walked slowly thinking as he walked. Stopping he turned to her and ran a hand over her face.

   "After Garret is free again, and things settle down. I think I'm going to ask Reese if I can take a vacation. I was to take you somewhere...just you and me. I need a break, and you deserve it."

Just leaning on the door frame for a long moment with her cup of tea Alice just watched Kyle as he tried to put a new song together. The bands trip had been canceled, and while she had been sad in a way Alice was happy too. She been getting horrible morning sickness and being at home and sick was better than having everyone else have to deal with her too.

Wondering into the room and going to the bench she sat down next to him and just leaned her head on his shoulder. Just letting the silence linger she took another sip of her tea before turning to look at Kyle for a long moment.

   "I just got back from the doctor not to long ago and everything is ok. He says I am healthy and this much morning sickness can be normal but he wanted to do a ultra sound just to make sure the baby was ok."

Silent again for a second she searched Kyle's face for a long moment. 

   "Everything was ok...but...we are going to need to start buying two of everything."

Thinking for a long second Ryan wondered was she interested in something like that? Would it help and be good for her? Maybe it would but she could never go alone, and what about work. 

   "I don't know maybe. It does sound really nice but...I could never go alone, and I know you couldn't come with me. I dont even know if I could get the time off from work."

Shifting a little on the couch and prompting Zidan to join her she pet his head for a long moment before giving a little shake of her head.

  "I couldn't burden strangers with my problems. They'll just think I can crazy like everyone else and if they are having there own issues I can add mine to that."