December 2, 2016

Admitting


“Just because this is my job, doesn’t mean I don’t care. I can be hard because its my job, and soft because I am human, believe it or not.”
Leaning back in the chair and putting one leg over the other Sam made herself comfortable. She wasn’t sure when Rick was going to start the surgery but she’d be here till he was. Thinking about Aaron’s comment about not cooking was a good place maybe to go back to for now.
“I don’t cook much. I don’t really have time, and not much time to learn. I always wanted to though so maybe I will. It’s just in the cards at the moment. You seem to know a lot about food, do you like to cook?” 

Giving a nod to Travis Ashlee went back to brushing Moonbeam. She was excited for lunch tomorrow and nervous at the same time. This was new territory for her and she didn’t want to do anything wrong.
Hearing Lane’s comment Ashlee couldn’t help but giggle bringing a hand to her mouth to try and lessen a little. Shaking her head Ashlee didn’t say anything and just walked in the barn. If someone looked at her though they could see the slight red color that had come to her cheeks. Could it be tomorrow already? 

Listing to Justin Ryan took everything he said in. Was she just holding on and not able to let go? It was so hard though she didn’t know if she could really do it or not.
“I...I don’t know if I can do that. If I say he’s really gone...he will be. What if...what if I start to forget him?”
Ryan couldn’t help the quiver in her voice. She’d never meet someone like Alec again and she didn’t want to forget him. She didn’t want to forget his voice, or how he looked. The good times they had and even the bad. If she admitted he was gone...He really would be.