December 18, 2016

Trust me

As Garret started to reach around his back Nate didn't move. He didn't have a fear of his friend. He was a little leery, but not afraid. As Jason pulled his gun though Nate stepped to the side a little. 

   "Jase, calm down please. I understand where your head is at, and I know you are doing what is right, but drawing your gun is not going to help anything other than make everyone high strung more."

Reading the paper and than reading it again it was hard to believe Scott would blackmail anyone, but after seeing how Garret had been with his family the last few weeks it was hard to believe he would force Scott to write this as well. 

   "I'm not having an argument here, on who knows who better. Jason help with Scott, and for goodness sake put your gun away. Garret is one of us weather you agree with it or not. We don't turn out guns on our own."

As Jason lifted Scott Hope nodded. She still felt like she was going to be sick. She pushed that aside though. She had too. The goal now was getting out of here, and getting him back where he could get help. 

Getting up and out Hope slid into the backseat of the car and just let Jason lay Scott down and his head into her lap. Running her hand through his hair and brushing the stuck hair from his for head she tried to keep her own emotions in check even though it was hard.

   "It's going to be ok Scott...you are safe."

 Watching as the others got Scott and started to leave he just watched them till he was gone. Turning back to Garret his face held so much emotion. He believed Garret but would he be able to save him this time? Nate could only hope.

   "I believe you Garret, but I've got to take you back to the Elite with me. I'm going to do all I can though to help and fight for you. You've spent enough time around my family I know you wouldn't have done this just because. You just....have to try and trust me now. Come on..lets go."

Hearing Hunter's comment about letting go Ryan looked at him again quickly. He tone had been different, almost like maybe he new he needed to do that same thing and it made her wonder. Was he talking to her, himself, or to them both? Ryan's mind wondered back to the woman she use to see Hunter at the races and now she hadn't when she was there the last few times. 

Grabbing another slice of pizza and setting it onto her plate Ryan didn't say anything but just thought about Hunters words of letting go. Taking a small bite and chewing she thought Justin had said the same thing. She needed to let go, it was just so hard. 

   "I don't think I've ever been to Texas. Not that I remember anyways."

Looking to Eli for a second she wondered if he new if she had or not. Glancing back at Hunter again she cocked her head again for a second.

   "Why do you ask?"