December 19, 2016

Right. Now.

Garret took off his seat belt, ready to go inside, when Nate's comments and question stopped him. Leaning back in his seat, he sighed. He put one foot up on the dashboard and sank down a little further, physically signalling he really didn't want to go inside yet.

"That...sounds like a pretty good offer right about now," he admitted. "You've been telling me all along this place and these people are different. But all Reese wants is my intel and not my presence, Justin tore into me like a rabid dog, and Scott just took advantage of my most vulnerable area."

He paused and shook his head. "I would...rather be beaten for my errors than psychologically attacked. And since I've been here, all I've dealt with is emotional and psychological warfare. I have lost all my drive, I am losing my physical strength, I have...lost my edge. It feels like I've been brainwashed - like I've lost everything that shaped me in the first place. I just feel...numb. And to act like I want just evokes Reese's wrath so..."

He just let his thought fade before glancing over to Nate. "I won't walk away today, even though I should. But when the fire gets too hot...you know I'll disappear. And if that happens, hopefully no one will get in my way... And I won't be back."

Straightening up, he let his foot drop from the dashboard and opened the door. He was done talking. It was time to face the music.


Inside, it didn't take Rick and Misty as long as expected, and Rick came out into the hall, his face showing his tension. "I've called JT," he informed. His eyes bounced from Hope, to Reese to Jason to Dalton. "A squad will be here soon for Scott to take him to the hospital. We don't have the equipment here to monitor him closely enough, but Misty and I have concluded he's in a coma."

Reese blinked. How could this be happening? 

Jason straightened and looked to Hope to make sure she was okay. "What? I mean...how severe is it?"

"I don't know." Rick's voice was more stern than normal as he tried to keep a lid on his emotions. "I don't have the equipment here to monitor brain activity. He appears to be physically fine on the surface, but until there can be in-depth scans of his brain, it's important that he gets moved. If he stays here, I could miss any number of things, such as an aneurysm."

Reese was about ready to comment, just as Nate and Garret came around the corner. Moving to the center of the hallway, Reese' shot a glare in Garret's direction before pointing down to the stairway. "Nate - get him back in his cell...right. Now. He's not to go anywhere off the premises until we discuss this further." His eyes snapped back to Garret. "If I see you within ten feet of Scott, so help me, none of your skills are going to get you out of here alive."

Garret gritted his teeth and looked to Nate before he held out his wrists. "Wanna cuff me?" he asked sarcastically. "I'm sure that would make everyone else here much more comfortable."