December 8, 2016

Gas


Looking up at Reese as he came in the cubicle Nate caught the keys and was a little surprised at first. Hearing the reason for it he couldn’t help but smile a little. His wife was so thoughtful and always worried about him. She must have seen how tired he was as of late.

About to say something Nate stopped as Reese continues to mention about putting Garret on the payroll. He couldn’t help again the look of surprise. It was a good idea and it did make sense. He wondered how Garret would fell about that himself too.

   “I’ll talk to him, thank you Reese, this will help.”

Once Reese was gone Nate didn’t get up from his chair but rolled over to where Garret was and gave a little knock on the wall before coming in. Setting the keys down on the table her looked at Garret and gave a nod.

   “Those are from Reese, you can come and go as you please and now you have a way to get around too. You just have to pay for your gas.”

Letting the comment linger and maybe the shock of being able to get himself to  where he needed to go and back. Finally clearing his throat again and sitting up straight Nate continues.

   “Speaking of paying for gas Reese also wanted me to talk to you about coming in regular to help and he will put you on the payroll, part time to start but at least will be making an income for yourself and what work you do here. How’s that sound?”

Ryan had choice to eat her malt with a spoon. Taking a bit and just sucking on it for a long moment she finally put the spoon back into the creamy texture. Working the cold liquid her mouth she finally swallowed. Looking around the lot again Ryan finally looked at Hunger again and gave a small nod.

   “It was…a long day. I saw my shrink today and…he just gave me a lot to think about.”

Looking back down at her cold treat and stirring it with her spoon she wasn’t sure if she should tell Hunter more or not. Did he even want to hear more? He seemed interested though and if he ended up never wanting to talk to her again, things would just go back to how they were.

   “I’m still seeing Alec. Not as much as I was, and he doesn’t talk to me anymore but…I still see hime sometimes and Justin said it’s because I haven’t let go yet. I just…I’m having a hard time with that. I feel like I’ll never be normal again. I’ll never let go and get my life back.”