December 2, 2016

Better


“Ah, so you know your way around cars. That’s actually kinda neat.” 

Sitting down next to Aaron Sam was silent for a few more long moments. Studying him for a long moment she could see the pain on his face and in his eyes. It honestly pained her to see that. If he didn’t at least think himself that she was going to get better he never was. 

Absentmindedly rubbing her arm Sam’s thoughts were taken back to a time when she had been in a slightly same situation. It was a hard place to be and with so much bitterness it was even harder.
“Ya know, I don’t know if you care or not but it was about a year ago I was in your situation with you leg.” Shifting a little Sam took her jacket off and rolled up the sleeve on her shirt. A long scar ran down her arm. 


“I was on a job and I got shot. Shattered most of the bone in my arm and tore up the muscles pretty bad. Didn’t think I’d ever use it again. Now its mostly fake but with a lot of hard work I have almost all my use of it again. Anyways...anything is possible if you have the will to do it.” 

Thinking for a long second Bree thought about Gunner’s words. She honestly wasn’t sure what her Uncle thought. She new he wished Gunner would get better just like she did. 

“I don’t think he thinks that. I think he just wants you better too. We all care very much about you.” 


Ashlee dismounted and let Moonbeam take a drink in the creek. She looked across and saw a deer and fawn, and smiled. 

"This is really a pretty place. Do you come out here a lot?"