December 10, 2016

Pickle


Drawing closer to Eli Ryan thought for a long second. Riding with Hunter was not as bad as she thought it would be. She’d been scared but those fears had went away quickly.

   “I…I think I did. Hunter was really sweet.”

Sliding up on the hood of her brothers car and watching Hunter in the crowd of people she just watched. For so long racing aganst him she thought he was a jerk. But getting to know him now he was different than a lot of the other racers here and she was thankful for his friendship.

   “Kind of made me miss racing. I don’t miss the crowd and I don’t think I am ready to race alone again but…it did make me miss it a little.”

Folding her legs and just sitting there for a long moment Ryan picked a string on her pants before looking to Eli again. She knew he canceled his plans tonight for her. He hadn’t said it, but she new he had.

   “Thank you Eli for all you have done. I don’t know what I would do without you.”

Thinking for a long moment Nate absentmindedly rubbed Laura’s arm just thinking about what she said. He was pretty upset with Justin still for what he had done to Garret, but maybe Laura talking to him would be good. He was good at his job after all.

   “Yes, I think that would be find if you talked to him again. Just as long as he doesn’t come here. I don’t want to force Justin on him after what he did last time.”

As the door shut with a bang Ashlee’s head snapped in that direction. For some reason she thought Dylan had left already but she guessed now he really had. Trying to put her brain back on track Ashlee smiled at Travis.

   “I’d love to ride with you again this afternoon. As long as you are not getting sick of me.”

She didn’t mind another ride. If she could do it all day she would. More practice she could get in the better and doing it with good company would even better. Picking up her pickle and taking a bite Ashlee didn’t realize how slippery it was as it shot from her fingers and smacked Travis in the face. Letting her eyes go wide she brought a hand to her mouth to try and hide her laugh.

   “I….am…so sorry.”