February 1, 2017

Mr. Sloppy

Clint was a little surprised to hear Ryan and Hunter hadn't really hung out until recently. The way they acted towards each other, he would have figured even a bit more than friendship. But maybe he'd misread them. "Well... I'm glad you did start hanging out with him." He grinned. "So you'd come here and help me in the garage." 

Though teasing, he really had been enjoying the company. "Not sure what I'll do with myself if I get caught up."

Chase squealed and flung his spoon into the table with a clang, sending baby food onto Clint's shirt. He blinked then smirked at his son who just grinned back at him. "I take that back. I'll be doing laundry and teaching Mr. Sloppy some manners."


Pete listened intently to all Ron had to say. Sipping his coffee, he entered the cubicle and grabbed the extra chair to turn it backwards and straddle it. Swiveling a little, he nodded slowly. 

"I doubt Reese will be present, considering his workload. We can always record our conversations if need be, though." He took another sip of coffee and thought hard. He knew about the sniper but didn't know they were up to six instances already. And he certainly hadn't heard the theory of a leak until now.

"Well... I guess we should come up with a short series of questions. Though I think we can narrow it down pretty quick by first finding out where everyone has been when the shootings have happened. I can compile a list of everyone if you want. Then we can get cracking. When do you want to start the questioning?"


"You sure you won't come out?"

Gunner sat in the corner of his bed with his sweatshirt hood pulled up over his head to keep his face hidden. "No."

Julie stood in the doorway and sighed. "Aren't you even a little hungry?"

"No."

"I've been asking you to come to supper for the last forty-five minutes. If you skip a meal, you know you're just gonna have more sessions tomorrow."

Silence.

She came into the room. "Come on," she prompted and set a hand on his knee.

Gunner recoiled from her touch. "Go away."

Julie stood for a moment and finally shrugged. "Okay. I can't force you. I was gonna try to see if I could get you outside tonight for a look at the stars but..." She let her sentence trail off, hoping to gain some interest, but Gunner didn't move. "Alright. Well, I've got the evening shift, so if you get hungry, you know where to find me."

Hearing the door shut again, Gunner eased over to lie curled up on his side. He wanted to go home.