February 23, 2017

Love & War

   "I always wondered too. I never was a cool kid. The password is Humperdink too by the way."

Getting up and giving a stretch Sam took in another deep breath. She couldn't help but smile at Aaron's laugh. He had a nice laugh and a nice smiled it was something she was pleased to see even if only for a moment. 

    "Work that knee a little more and relax a little and I promise you it won't get as stiff often."

Taking Aaron's hand Sam helped him up just letting him hold on to her as long as he wanted till he was steady. She would take his pace in things not pushing too hard knowing his knee was stiff.

Hearing Hunter Ryan couldn't help but giggle just a little. She knew what that did to him, but he had started it.

   "All is fair in love and war you know."

As his lips brushed her cheek it was all too quick before he retreated again. Just looking at her own eyes flashed with the want for a longer kiss but she didn't say it. Turning and heading into the dining room she took Hunter's hand and held it behind her as she walked first. 

Sitting down and getting everyone drinks, and saying grace Ryan looked around the table and smiled. This made her feel good, having everyone here at the table. She missed family meals like this and it just seemed right. 

Taking the bowl of potato salad and putting some on her plate she passed it to Hunter letting her fingers brush his.

   "I made this potato salad. It was my dad's own recipe he liked. I thought for a special occasion like this I would try it out. Doubt I made it as good as him but I hope to do some justice."