February 9, 2017

The Amazing

Jim jumped at the sound of Xander's voice. Was there just Xander? Were there more people? Was he making a complete fool of himself? His face flushed. Feeling Xander's hand, he at least got his bearings on his position. 

Behind the garage? A sad sort of grin creased his lips. "So that's where I am." He swallowed hard. He was grateful for Xander's tact, but there was no point in trying to pretend that this was where he'd meant to be. There were several moments of silence before he finally nodded. "Just, um... you could... well I was just..." He'd started to point, but realized he really had no idea what he was pointing at since his sense of direction was all off. "I... was trying to get to the barn," he finally admitted. "I had the fence to follow from the house but... after that, I tripped and fell and then I had no idea which way I was going anymore." 

He sighed deeply as he tried to manage his emotions. "Just... turn me towards the barn and tell me how far it is and... and I'll get there myself." 


Hunter's grin almost took on a mischievous angle. "Nah... no worse than that..." He knew good and well the first time going fast on a horse could be quite a shock...but he figured Ryan was ready for that now. Not when she'd first come, but today... he thought she could do it. "I think it'll be fun," he concluded. "We'll get you on Buttons a while, then we can have a little fun. Last full day, we gotta take advantage of it right?" He tossed her a wink. If he didn't have to get back for work, he'd just as soon stay another couple days. But he knew they couldn't. 

Finishing off his coffee, he nodded. "Okay. I'm gonna grab a quick bite of breakfast, then head out to the barn. Want some food too?" 


"I missed them too." Jason moved to put his arm around Katie and just sat quietly for a long while. No words needed to be said. It was just them... the lake... and sunset. "I feel like time's just been standing still this entire time," he mused softly. "Or like I've been living in a daze." 

He turned to see her face. "But you make everything clear." Leaning in close, his lips brushed hers before moving to her cheek, then back again to linger a little longer. He kissed her slowly... passionately... deeply. He didn't care if other people were around, or if they were the only ones on the beach. This was their evening. Their moment. Another moment he vowed not to forget or take for granted. 


"Ohhhh." Levi sat up again and took the mug of coffee, breathing in the steam before taking a long sip. "Your new title is The Amazing. So you'll be called The Amazing Karla." He nodded and took another sip. "It's official. And by the way, did I ever tell you that you make better coffee than my dad?"

Sighing, he looked at the papers and picked one up to show her. "Brochure layout. So I think I've finalized the logo - at least enough to present tomorrow. But now I'm trying to incorporate it in the brochure and trying to use elements to make it all match and... it's just... not going as well as I wanted."