February 18, 2017

Deep Dark Secret

Hunter bit his lip, his eyes twinkling. "Mmm..." He slipped his arms around her waist, pulling her against him before leaning his head around to give her a brief but passionate kiss. 

"Nope. I am far too distracted to try and work on any car." He grinned and gave her a squeeze before releasing her. "Bad timing, or can you break for some lunch?"

Miles blinked. Was that...? We're they...? He looked at Leo. Leo almost dropped his wrench, and fumbled with it to keep it from hitting the floor. His eyes were just as wide. In the corner, Axel worked at finding a leak in a flat tire and was smiling a little to himself, but staying out of it.


Slowly, Scott smiled. Maybe he and Dalton really were okay. Maybe Hope had been right. "I miss working with you too," he admitted. "All my friends are here, so if I can't work..." He shrugged. "I don't get to see anybody." Other than Hope. And he still wasn't sure where that whole thing was going.

"So... tonight then? Your place?" He nodded. "Sounds like fun. I could... use the distraction." He bit his lip, falling quiet for a moment or two. "I um... if... I mean... well if I have trouble or... or something, you can always call Hope." Justin was too far away for an emergency, and he just wanted Dalton to be prepared in case he lost control.


Travis steered Casper to follow Ashlee's mount, and shook his head. "I dunno... but there are an awful lot of secrets around here. Like, every time I asked about something in the past, they drop the subject. I mean, people like Eric or Mick or whatever - all their generation." He shrugged. "My dad's filled me in a little on some stuff but it's like there's this deep, dark secret or something no one wants to talk about. Maybe Eric not training anyone anymore has something to do with it."


Jamison parked and got out of his car, glancing around the park. He grabbed a notebook before shutting the door and ambling over to the same table where he'd sat yesterday. 

Easing down on the bench, he set the notebook aside. It was rather dog-eared and worn, full of scribbles even on the cover. 

He took out his phone and smiled at a text from Tiffany. After replying, he simply sat an enjoyed the fresh air, waiting to see if Lucy would really show up again.