February 16, 2017

Idiot

   "That sounds even better. I'll talk to you tomorrow, have a good night."

Ryan watched as Hunter left and leaned her head on the door as he drove away. Giving her finally wave before shutting the door and turning almost running into Eli she gave a jump. Looking up to him and grinning she knew he would ask about Hunter and the turn of events as soon as Hunter was gone. 

Motioning for him to follow Ryan went back into the living room and sat down on the couch tucking her legs under her. Just looking at him for a long moment she took in a deep breath. 

   "So the trip started pretty normally. I was nervous, not doing too well at all. I was having pretty bad nightmares and Hunter was there for me. We ended up sleeping together a few nights..."

Realizing what she said Ryan looked up at Eli quickly and seeing his face start to turn red already she rolled her eyes and took the pillow on the couch and threw it at him.

   "Not like that you idiot. All we did was sleep and talk. It was something I needed because the dreams were getting so bad. After that our relationship just kind of grew. He's a really sweet guy who has stood up for me, he took all the good with the bad, and if I have a bad day I honestly don't think he would run. When I am with him I feel...ok, and safe like I do when I am around you. Not to mention we have a lot in common."

   "I guess I don't get why you two don't like each other."

She still didn't get it and she didn't like the feeling it gave her deep down. It was a sadness and a sarrow. Dylan was older than his age, and he'd been through so much. She just wished things could be different.

   "I forgive you for ignoring me by the way and thank you for asking me to take this ride. It was nice, and...something I missed."

Kicking at a stone in the dirt Ashlee was quiet again for a second. She'd never been one to have many friends and Travis was her first boyfriend so everything seemed so confusing now. But she still cared about Dylan and she would always be there if he needed someone.

   "Boyfriend or not I want you to know I always there when you need someone."