February 24, 2017

Help Me

As Sam came into the room, Aaron looked up dimly. Another day. Another visit. Nothing ever changed. He wasn't expecting her to sit on the floor with him though, and he lifted an eyebrow. Still saying nothing, he looked in the bag, surprised by the Legos. He hadn't really thought she'd bring him more. These weren't cheap sets either. He ran his fingers over the box with the Death Star and could feel the old itch to build.

He gave Sam a sidelong glance. "I know I never told you I like Star Wars. You're a lucky guesser." He fiddled with the corner of the box as his eyes fell. "I know what you're trying to do... Give me something I like to do so I won't be as depressed and all that... be my friend... pretend I have something to live for."

He sighed. "In reality... my future means little to anyone. Which isn't surprising. Ya know, I've had an awful lot of time to think in here." A little scoff surfaced. "And I know everything I've ever worked for... all my life... now it means absolutely nothing. So a few Legos... Isn't going to fix a thing."

Adjusting his weight, he pulled himself up, gritting his teeth as his knee objected. Limping the few feet to the small table in the corner, he sat in the chair and set the Star Wars Lego set down. "But... since you're so determined to make sure I don't wallow... You're gonna help me build the Death Star."


Hunter tightened his grip on Ryan as she returned his affection. It was the same exchange of feelings as had been that day on horseback, and in spite of Hunter's doubts about the future, he was going to enjoy this. Completely forgetting where they were, he tilted his head the other way and continued kissing her with passion.


Eli chuckled softly and was about to interrupt the two, but then changed his mind. His sister didn't deserve the teasing. Not when she was so happy. They did want to watch a movie though.

Coming into the living room, he coughed and spoke loudly to Scarlet. "So... what movie are we going to watch?"

Hunter was yanked from his thoughts and slowly ended his kiss, pulling back a little to see Ryan's face as he smiled. Neither one would know how badly they'd been caught. He brushed a strand of hair out of her face, still smiling. "You gonna keep me awake o watch the movie?" he teased.