February 16, 2017

Interesting Details

Turning at the door and looking down at Ryan, Hunter slipped his arms around her waist, opting to completely ignore Eli in the background. "Mmm... lunch sounds good. But I don't have to be at work til the afternoon since classes don't start til two, so.... how about I come by your work and pick you up?"

He smiled and leaned down to give her a kiss on the lips, letting it be as passionate as he wanted - after all, they'd spent almost all day every day with each other this past week - waiting to see her until tomorrow afternoon was a rather long time. Finally drawing back, his smile returned. "Sleep good. I'll text ya tomorrow about lunch plans." 

Outside again and heading to his car, he stifled a yawn. At least it wasn't far to his apartment. He knew he'd fall asleep as soon as he fell into bed... and he wasn't wrong. 

Inside the apartment, Eli had gotten up to get a drink of water, and now wandered back over to Ryan, hooking his thumbs in his jeans pockets. Now that it was just the two of them, he had a couple questions before he'd be able to sleep, but he wasn't even sure how to ask them. He bit his lower hip and grinned at her. "I... get the funny feeling I'm missing some interesting details about your trip..." 


Dylan sighed and shook his head. "I didn't say we couldn't be friends. You and me. That's not gonna change." Finally slowing to a stop, he turned and leaned back against a tree, just studying Ashlee's face. "Look... I don't like Travis and he doesn't like me. But he's your boyfriend now so..."

He pursed his lips and shrugged in defeat. "I'm the third wheel. I'm not complaining or blaming you - it's just a fact, that's all. And trust me... the closer you and Travis get, the less he's gonna want you spending time - alone - with me." He chided Seven as the horse tried to eat some weeds alongside the path. 

Looking back at Ashlee, his eyes were...tired. More weary than they should be for someone his age. There was far more burden on his shoulders than there ever should have been, and it had already started taking it's toll on him. He did force a thin smile though. "But I got today... and that's all I wanted. Just to go riding and... say I'm sorry for ignoring you."