February 7, 2017

Of Course

Sitting down under the tree Katie didn't mind at all. She liked just relaxing against the tree and just being with Jason it was perfect. She didn't know all those face things most girls did. Simple was better in her eyes.

   "Yeah?"

Popping a chip in her mouth and chewing it slowly Katie turned her head to look at Jason. His tone was soft, but there was something about it that was different. She didn't know why, but in a way, it worried her just a little bit. 

   "Of course I am. I feel like we were never apart other than I'm a little smarter now. Is...everything ok?"

Sitting with Pete at the little Chinese place Ron was happy to get out of the office for a little bit. His first day and it had been hard already. He was ready to take it on head first but it was still a rough way to start the day.

   "My mother passed away a few years ago and my father fell apart. Not to mention all the drinking he did, didn't help. He's in a nursing home now, and half the time when I go to see him he doesn't even remember who I am. I haven't seen my sister since the day before she ran away. I still don't know if she is alive or not."

Sucking in a deep breath Ron took a bite of his walnut shrimp with his chopsticks. Chewing it thoughtfully. His past had good things, his past had bad things, some things he would remember forever and hold close. He didn't mind too much talking about it all, it just took moments here and there to collect himself.

   "No girlfriend. I was almost married once but...I realized I just wasn't ready. She took it hard and wanted a family more than I did at the moment and didn't want to wait for me. What about you?"

Laughing again Ryan shook her head. She would pick on the boys but she was just as bad with her cars, and car parts. Not saying anything Ryan just followed alongside Hunter. The town here was a little smaller back home but it kinda felt nice. It didn't feel so big and overwhelming, no one knew her, no one knew what happened to her, and the smile people gave were not mocking.

   "Paradise, of course because I am with you..."

Walking a little faster to get in front of Hunter and turn so she was walking backward still looking at him her eyes twinkled a little more.

   "Getting to look at car stuff with you if an added bonus."