January 1, 2017

New Company

Hal set an elbow on the table and cupped his chin in his hand as he watched and listed to Sam. He could imagine she had an awful lot of stories, growing up with that many brothers. He frowned when she mentioned her mother though. He couldn't stand parents who tried to discourage their children. At least Sam had proven her wrong. 

As the waiter came with their food, their conversation was interrupted. He offered a short prayer and nibbled on an onion ring before returning to Sam's question. He gave her a wry grin and shook his head. "Never in a million years did I see myself in law enforcement. Actually I started out getting arrested and that's where Reese found me."

He rolled his eyes. "Worked at the lumber mill. I was... angry at the world after Michelle left me and had a few..." He cringed a little. "...Minor incidents on my record. One night the mill's safe was broken into and I got blamed. Since I already had a record, I was an easy target. Somehow Reese got wind of my situation and found the real thief so I got let off the hook." He chuckled. "He sat me down and we had a long talk about potential and... I wound up as an agent. After some training, TJY - before we were the Elite - helped me set myself up as a private investigator to the public as a cover. I wound up liking it though and actually found a niche. Once we went public I dropped the PI work, though."

He took a bite of his burger and chewed thoughtfully. "Mostly I've just been security and cleaned up around there til Ty came along. But I got in on my share of cases. Kinda miss it since I've been at the back end of things for so long." 

A new smile curled his lips. "Although, at least the security room has been a little more exciting lately with some new company."


Hunter chuckled as they kept walking. "I think we both deserve to dip our feet in."

Finding their rooms, he paused after unlocking his own door. "I, um... think I'll relax a while, then figure out something for supper." It felt a little awkward just leaving her be, but he wasn't about to suggest anything else. As innocent as his thoughts were, if she didn't kill him, her brother would. 

Sacking out on the bed, he did end up dozing off until about an hour later when he woke up, hungry. Grabbing his phone, he sent Ryan a text. If she was asleep, this would be less of a disturbance than knocking on her door. Or the wall. He grinned, but pushed his mischief aside. 
Hey. Hungry. Thinking of
ordering in pizza. 
Wanna join?