May 1, 2017

Alone

Hearing what happened Sam's heart broke for Hal. She couldn't imagen how something like that would feel, but she knew and could see it was not good at all. She wasn't even sure the right words to say.

   "Hal, I'm so sorry."

Watching as he got up and walked into the kitchen Sam slowly followed. She didn't know what else to do but just be there for him. Watching him fiddle with the coffee grounds Sam went over and placed her hands on top of his. Looking at him she gave a small smile.

   "So sit, I'll make this and try to fit us a little something to eat. I know you are more than likely not hungry but at least a little light something. Then I will sit with you. Even if it's in silence you don't have to be alone."

Destiny's eyes widened a little as Zan laughed. Thinking about it, she must have sounded pretty funny. She was also thankful for Eli's idea. That sounded a lot better than what she had envisioned in her head. 

   "Not having a broken hand is a plus. You can't drive with a broken hand."

Smiling Destiny finished off her coffee and pushed it aside. Leaning on the table and hearing Zan's comment about her being on the sidelines Destiny smile as a little crimson entered her cheeks. He just continued to have ways to make her feel good.

   "Well then, I guess I should be on the sidelines then. As long as Jett is there too. I'm not sure I'd know how to survive at the races without someone there with me. At least not yet."