May 12, 2017

Go Crazy

Aaron thought a moment, then just shrugged. Even though he had genuinely laughed at what had happened, there was also a part of him that was unnerved and frustrated. It was bad enough no one really trusted him - although it wasn't like he was really a good guy here - but then to have a gun pointed at him because a microwave malfunctioned took the cake.

"Guess I sorta last my appetite," he admitted. "And you got better things to do. I'll be fine til supper." He absentmindedly turned his arm to look at his burn again. It really wasn't that bad but it did hurt.

Looking back at Sam, he gave her a crooked grin. "Thanks, though. I'm fine. Really." He could tell she was upset, and appreciated that, but there was no point in making this whole thing worse. "I'll just... be more careful about using the break room when you're not around."


"Mmm..." Hunter returned her kiss, his eyes sparkling. "I hate to break it to ya, but if you want purely platonic, you've come to the wrong guy." 

He grinned at her comment before pulling away from the curb. "I'm only special 'cause I got you around." He gave her a sidelong glance before reaching over with one hand and giving her leg a pat. "Missed ya today. Zan's car is about ready, though. I told 'em it was a date night but Eli and Zan are getting antsy to form a plan. 

It didn't take long to get to Mom and Pop's. Zan and Eli were already there and had claimed a table off to the side. Both had drinks but were waiting to order pizza. "Hey!" Eli waved them over. "We were starting to think we'd have to eat without you guys." 

Hunter smirked and pulled out a chair to sit. "You just like being rude."

"Ah, not rude. When hungry, a man cannot be blamed for being rude. It is the hunger's doing."

Zan snickered and glanced at a menu. "I like just about anything, so order whatever."

"Anything, he says." Hunter elbowed Ryan. "Let's go crazy." It was kind of strange to be sitting here together - three racing rivals sharing a meal and carrying on as friends. And yet, it was also rather fun.


Justin nodded quickly at Misty. "Oh yeah. I definitely want to be involved, and I highly doubt Reese would have it any other way, anyway. Whether we like it or not, because of Chance's actions, he's still technically in the Elite's custody. The hard part is finding a place for him. I like Brookshire the best - I think it has the best care in this part of the state. But two hours is a long ways away. Northside wouldn't be bad as long as we kept an eye on things. I don't always care for their methods, but as long as I was involved it shouldn't be bad." 

He looked back over at Chance and sighed. "Thing is... unstable or not, the Elite - and FBI - want answers. I wonder if I could convince Chance to give up everything - all he has on the Underground. Do you think that would be enough to convince them to keep him out of prison?"