May 9, 2017

Tests

Axel laughed again and shook his head. "Not as long as you stay in line." He tossed her a wink. Starting to walk away, he stopped, remembering something. "Oh, I also mentioned Zan to Darrel, and he thinks if Zan's good enough, he could very well be my replacement. You've seen him work with his own car... what do you think? Not just as a mechanic, but would he fit in here?"


Hal thought about Sam's question for a moment, and he leaned his head back as he chewed his food. Did she really want to know? He shrugged. "Okay... I'm doing lousy." He finished his taco and tossed the wrapper onto the table, quiet for a few more minutes. "I feel like a failure. I'm angry. And I'm depressed. All I wanna do is fly to Florida and keep Alison from getting on that plane to England, but I know I can't. I'd get arrested, and besides that... she doesn't want to stay here anyway."

Turning his head to look at Sam, he found her face just inches from his own. Had her eyes always been so deep? He swallowed hard before looking away again. And all of a sudden, he was quite aware of how closely they were sitting next to each other. 

"So there you have it," he concluded lamely. "Story of my life - think I've got it all, just to have it taken away, little by little." He reached for his drink, just to give him an excuse to pause. "I'm sure things will look better tomorrow... they always do... right?"


"Bree?" JT knew she was working, but also knew this was important, and didn't want to make it wait until later. It was early afternoon already, so another couple hours and it would already be close to evening.

He held his phone to his ear as he moved about the break room at the hospital, making himself some coffee. "I just go word from Brookshire. They found something in Gunner's tests but wouldn't discuss it over the phone. They said Gunner didn't want to hear what it was until you could be there with him..."