May 16, 2017

Safe

Sam just nodded and watched Aaron go. His leg was doing better, and she didn't mind he wondered. Aaron wasn't causing any trouble and as long it stayed that way there was no issue. Standing she made her way back to the security room to sit out the rest of the day.

Looking up and seeing Aaron Misty just watched him. Taking the supplies from her nodded her thanks and smiled. Something about Aaron seemed different today. She wasn't sure what it was but there was something different.

Hearing Aaron's question Misty was quiet for a long moment. No one had ever asked her that, not even anyone here at the Elite. 

   "A better life, my own life. I wanted to start helping people more so one day I could stand back and be proud of what I have done."

Searching Aaron's face again for a moment she wondered why he wanted to know. Maybe Sam was really finally getting through to him or at least on the right track.

    "We all have our different reason I suppose but when it all boils down, we just want a better life, our own life."

Laying with Eli and looking up at the dots that twinkled in the sky Scarlet let out a content sigh. A moment like this could last forever and she would be happy. Thinking about Eli's question for a long moment she finally gave a little nod. She never really thought about life beyond the moments in front of her, but since her and Eli had become closer she thought more about it.

    "I don't think in my mind you will ever be old. Even if I joke about it. I think I could definitely handle you more often for a lengthy amount of time."

Ryan snuggle her head into Hunter just a little more her eyes were tired and heavy. It had been a long day and her body was still trying to get back to doing more things again.

   "It has been a long time...maybe this once won't be so bad. Just...don't leave me when I fall asleep ok? I feel safe in your arms."

She really did feel safe with him. Much different than anyone else she had been with. Hunter had his rough edges and yet his cuddly soft side. Ryan got the best of both worlds with him and that was something she needed.