May 2, 2017

Show Me

Destiny's cheeks went a little red at the compliment but was very thankful Zan thought her cooking was good. She always thought her mom was the best cook, and she learned from her, so it must have been true. It was nice to have that little piece of her with her still.

For a moment Destiny gained a far away look as she thought about her parents. They hadn't been gone long but she wondered if they would be proud of her. She knew they would like Zan. He was nice and treated her good already and they were still getting to know each other.  Realizing he'd asked her a question Destiny smiled and then shook her head. 

   "I haven't. I don't even know if I know how to throw one. Can you show me?"

The afternoon went smooth and quickly not that Sam minded. It was nice just being with Hal chatting. He did most of the talking and she was ok with that. Maybe it would help for him to just talk and get everything he needed top off his chest and she didn't mind at all.

As they looked through the picture and laughed at home it was fun hearing each story. She really enjoyed it and enjoyed learning more about Hal. Coming to the picture he put his hands over Sam grinned before moving his hands and looking at high graduation picture. A grin formed even bigger on her lips.

   "Well look at that, you went from good looking to downright handsome if I do say so myself. I'll have to pull out my high school pictures if you want to see a train wreck. Braces and all."