May 13, 2017

Invitation

Zan glanced down sheepishly as Ryan chewed him out for his attitude. It was hard always losing lately, but he knew she was right - if he wanted to make it, he needed to keep trying. 

Hearing about the job, his eyebrows rose. "Oh, awesome. I was wondering if Axel was really serious." Ryan didn't seem as upset about it today... maybe she'd gotten used to the idea. He took out his cell phone. "Guess I really should give you my number so somebody can call me. I'll come in any time."

Focused on what he was doing, he didn't even see Destiny enter the restaurant. Hearing her voice, he looked up quickly, surprised, then a smile automatically came to his face. He abandoned his phone and stood, his eyes twinkling. "I wouldn't complain if you were following me," he teased. 

He thumbed to the table. "Think maybe you saw Eli before and this is Ryan and Hunter. Guys, this is Destiny."

Hunter smiled and waved, and Eli gave her a friendly nod. He remembered seeing her just briefly that night at the race, and for a moment now, he studied her face thoughtfully.

Zan looked to Destiny again. "You wanna join us? We ordered plenty of pizza." 

Hunter took his foot and pushed out the chair that was near her. "The more the merrier," he invited. He didn't know what her relationship to Zan was, but he seemed awfully happy to see her, hinting that his own invitation was more than just him being polite.


Reese studied Sam for a moment before he nodded. "Alright. That's good enough for me. It isn't the first time that microwave has acted weird, so to tell you truth, I'm glad to be rid of it." He cringed a little though.

"Make sure Misty sees to him. I didn't know he burned himself." He stood to leave, then paused and looked over his shoulder. "Feel free to talk to Pete. I'm not going to say anything, but you're​ Aaron's handler and you have the authority to tell Pete to slow down his trigger finger."