March 2, 2017

Too Fast

Shivers shot down Hunter's spine as Ryan ran her hand along his back. He straightened and turned to face her, grinning. "Oh, trust me..." He slipped an arm around her waist. "It's not gonna take long for that gang to realize you're with me." 

He brushed a strand of hair from her face as he searched her eyes. Would this last? It had only been a couple days since their return from Texas, and already he was losing sight of his goal... not to lose sight of himself. 

After planting a kiss on her forehead, he turned to sit at the table. "Well, since its up to me then... You're riding with me." His eyes twinkled. It did take away from his concentration to have a passenger, but win or lose, he wanted to get Ryan back out there where she truly belonged. 


Scott nibbled at his sandwich, doing his best to eat the lunch Hope had brought, even if it was difficult. The sun was warm in the park today, and there weren't very many people around, making it even nicer. Domino ran around within short distance, happily dragging her leash along with her as she sniffed out all the interesting things in the grass and perfectly content with sticking close, even though she could run if she wanted.

Scott leaned back against the tree and gave Hope a small smile. "Thanks for lunch." He attempted a bigger bite. "I... I haven't felt all that great since this morning," he admitted as his eyes dropped. "I... I had nightmares last night, a-and, and sometimes when I wake up, it's set my stomach off kilter... even more than it usually is." He took a deep breath and let it out slowly. It was still hard to openly talk about what he went through every day. He wanted to just pretend everything was fine. But he was beginning to realize that even if it went against everything he felt, hiding his struggles was only making him worse.

He set his sandwich aside and took a sip from his water bottle. "Justin gave me a list of foods he wants me to start eating to try and gain weight. He... he said if I didn't start gaining weight, he was... gonna make me go back to the hospital."


Jamison's eyes widened as Dalton handed him the printout. "Oh man, if she knew I had this, she'd totally call the cops on me. And if she didn't, she's not as smart as I think." Even so, he was  already scanning the class schedule. Giving Dalton a sheepish grin, he folded the paper and slipped it into the waste basket. "But she can't read my mind." He'd already memorized it.

"But I said I prolly wouldn't see her, because it was only by chance we met in the first place.  I have no reason to be at the University." His mind was working just as fast as always. "Unless there was some reason am Elite agent would need to check something out."


Travis though a few quiet moments about Angel's suggestion. Would talking to Dylan actually be a good idea? He didn't like being enemies. He didn't like the tension. And he certainly didn't like putting a strain on Ashlee. Should he talk to her too? Maybe talk to Dylan first?

He sighed and took a sip of coffee. "I just... I like her, ya know?" He really did. Ashlee was smart and funny and cute and he liked spending time with her. He shrugged lamely. "Dad seems to think I'm moving too fast. Maybe I am, I dunno." He took another sip of coffee before rubbing an old notch in the table with his thumb. "Do you think I am?" He glanced up at Angel, cringing just a little. It felt nice that he was Ashlee's first, but he didn't want to take advantage of that fact. "I mean..." It was different talking to a woman instead of his dad. All his mom had ever said was, "Don't be stupid," and, "Why would she go out with you?"

A little color came to his cheeks and he hid behind his raised coffee mug. "Do you... think I should slow down?"