December 12, 2016

Fiance

Jamison nodded and came over behind the desks, since Scott had left. Easing down in a chair, his eyes were still a bit wide as he tried to take everything in. "I, um... I navigate computers alright, but it's not my area of expertise. I was kinda surprised this is where Kirk wanted me, so I apologize in advance if you have to spend a lot of time teaching me. I'm a quick learn, though." 

He glanced at a small framed picture on Dalton's desk of a young smiling woman. "That's Dani, right? Your fiance?" 


Kirk smiled at Adison. "Great. Thanks for taking him down there. It might take him a while to find his niche, but I agree that he's going to fit in, especially if he can find his confidence." 

Scooting his chair back by hers, he grinned as his stomach growled. "I think somebody's hungry. You wouldn't want to join me for lunch, would you?" 


Aaron listened to Sam, finding her story just a bit interesting. Five brothers. That had to have been a different kind of childhood to say the least. It explained her confidence though - she would have had to have stood up for herself against that many boys. 

He was going to just go back to reading, but her question made him stop, and for just a moment, he hesitated. "Um. Yeah. I mean, I've got a half-sister. Somewhere." 

He shrugged. "Soon as she graduated high school, she took off. Not that I saw much of her anyway. She was the lucky one, getting out of the house. Me, I was four years younger so I was stuck longer." In all reality, he had very few happy childhood memories. His mother had not been much of a mother at all, in between different men and skipping her AA meetings.

Aaron realized his eyes had dropped, and he snapped them up quickly. "The Agency is what rescued me."


Carrying his plate of meatloaf and green beans, Dylan went to his usual spot in the far corner of the dining room. Only after sitting down did he scan the other tables, realizing there was no sign of Ashlee. Eric and Stacy were there...it was odd that Ashlee wasn't. He knew she'd gotten in trouble today - rumors like that spread fast around here. Maybe she'd decided to hibernate - he didn't know. 

He took a bite of meatloaf and glanced over to another table where Travis sat next to his dad, picking at his food, and didn't look happy at all. He'd probably been forced to come eat. It felt a little odd to Dylan...he was usually the one in trouble, not anyone else. He wasn't glad they'd gotten in trouble, but...he did find it just a little funny. He'd never tell anyone that, though. He knew how serious the situation really was. Deep down though, it was nice to not be the one sulking for once.