October 29, 2016

Waiting

Well, now that Kirk had gotten himself into having guests, he should be happy right? He rolled his eyes at himself. As much as he could sometimes be an adrenaline junky, breaking out of his normal evening routine wasn't always easy. Had he really just put himself between those two on purpose? He'd rather not think about it. 

Awesome. Everybody here is
on a case so I'm just hanging
around learning things. Means
I should be out of here in good
time. See ya tonight!

...The day had been long and rather boring. Kirk had wanted to actually get somewhere today but the timing had obviously not been right. He'd watched and learned, but that was it, and he was glad when he finally decided to go home.

Now evening, his rock music was on, and his apartment picked up. Not that it needed too much work. He really did keep a neat place. Besides, if he didn't, Adison would never let him get away with it. 

Flopping down on the couch, he stared up at the ceiling. He wanted to work on a case. Go for a run. Drink a beer. He hated waiting. 


"I know," Jason whispered. He leaned into Katie's palm and closed his eyes. "I just wish I wasn't the cause of everything else being on hold around here. There are more important jobs to be done, other than finding my sniper."

He opened his eyes again and sighed. "I shouldn't be the priority. I know Reese just wants to protect me, but if the Agency wants me dead... I'm afraid there's nothing anyone can do about it."