October 25, 2016

Lumpy

Kirk was not expecting Adison's next move and almost stumbled before reaching behind and holding her legs. "A little warning, woman!" he teased before heading at a trot back into the living room. He refused to dwell in the fact that having her arms around him, even if she was just playing, felt...oh so nice. 

Getting to the couch, he spun around and sat down before she had a chance to get off his back. As a result, he sat - gently - on top of her, squishing her into the couch cushions. "Hey...hey Adison... where'd you go?" He could feel her face against his shoulder and wriggled in a little further. "Man, you were right... I gotta clean more. There's something awfully lumpy behind these cushions."


Chance wrapped his arms around Destiny and laughed before drawing back to kiss her lips. "Mmm, I've missed you too." He withdrew to see her face and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. "This mission was way too long. I wasn't sure I'd survive another day."

He grinned and presented the flowers. "These are for you, and.... I was wondering if you'd like to spend the evening together."


Wyatt stopped outside Katie's cubicle and knocked lightly. It was time everyone was going home, and his face wore an expression half begging  half apologizing. "Hey, Katie... Aerith and I haven't had a proper date in week, and she wanted to do supper with me..." He scrunched his nose. Jason was his responsibility after work hours. "You wouldn't... make sure Jason gets home in one piece would you? I can come over later - since the last shooting, dad insisted someone stay with him so I've been snacking out on the couch, but I'll be there after my date...could you? Would you?"