October 30, 2016

Takeout

Kirk paused before going to his own desk and took a sip of his coffee. Tonight? He shrugged. "Oh, I dunno. Hoping to have a good report on my day over at the Elite."

He grinned. He felt better than last night. He'd been so wound up over nothing, and he felt rather silly about it all. He'd been exhausted and that hadn't helped things any. The whole thing with Ron...he'd thought way too much of it and could kick himself for being such an idiot. 

"In which case, I'm sure I'll need help hashing through things...which...probably means something like Chinese takeout and a movie to ignore." He paused as the chief walked by, and straightened to cover his casual demeanor. "So if you wanna join me, the door's open like always."


Rick moved away from the door and smiled his greeting to Katie. "Hey. I just wondered exactly what happened last night. Hal said Jason had a flashback?"

He shook his head. "It's been so long...was it a bad one?"