October 29, 2016

Ice cream

Ron? Ron Sander? Kirk's mind paused for a very long moment. Yes, he remembered Ron. Nice guy. Adison had seemed to take quite a liking to him there for a while. Why was he calling her now?
Yeah. I remember him.
Been a long time.
What'd he want?
Not that it really mattered but Kirk was curious about Ron's sudden reappearance.


Jason smirked a little at Katie and just shook his head. "You knew I was gonna tell you to go home, didn't you?

He sighed and rose from his chair, wincing a little. Between his leg and shoulder, he was sure he must be moving like an old man. Coming up to Katie, he put his good arm around her just to hug her. "Causing trouble sounds like a really good idea."

He drew back and smiled, even though his eyes betrayed him - he was scared and tired and frustrated. "But come time for bed, I insist you sleep in the spare room. Garret's not there right now and one of us needs a good night sleep." He went on before she had time to argue. "And if you're going out, I also insist that you bring back ice cream."


Laura tilted her head to rest on Nate's feeling his tiredness and frustration. At the very least, it was a tough case. At most, they had a very good friend whose life was at stake. "I don't know," she answered softly. "But I know there's an answer somewhere. There always is... Maybe Garret would have a suggestion as to how to find the shooter. He's been quiet almost all day, but he did ask about you once, so I think there's a little interest there." 


Chance chuckled and shook his head before giving Destiny another hug. "I know, but yes... I should go. Tomorrow I need to show up at the office and see what's happening there. But... I could definitely do this again tomorrow."

Going back inside with her, he prepared to leave, even though he really didn't want to. "I don't k ke if I can wait til tomorrow night," he teased. "How about meeting me for lunch?"