October 29, 2016

Hungry

Having been so lost in thought, Adison totally startled Kirk. Giving a jump, he got up from the couch quickly. "Well how the heck was I supposed to know you were here, oh, you who never knock." 

He grinned as he looked to Ron next. "Hey there!" He offered a firm handshake. "Long time, no see." Ron certainly looked good. "Sure was surprised when Adison said you'd called her." Spotting the beer, he nodded to the kitchen. "Take a load off. There's-" He was cut off by the doorbell.

"Oh, that'll be the food." He aimed for the door. "Make yourselves comfortable. Adison, show him where the ice is if he wants any." Getting to the door, he retrieved and paid for the pizza and wings before returning to the living room. He figured they'd be more comfortable here than at the table. "Who's hungry?" he hollered into the kitchen. 


Jason searched Katie's eyes as she spoke, and he swallowed hard. "I've...lived afraid most of my life," he admitted quietly. "Ever since...since my abduction as a kid, I've always been looking over my shoulder. From Alex, to the Agency, to...my feelings."

He dropped his gaze. Sliding  back a little, he retrieved his arm from her shoulders, to be able to take her hand and lift it to his lips to kiss softly. His eyes remained downcast. "I cover it up with being cocky...but... I don't...know how not to. I don't...know how to not be scared of what I feel because it always ends up hurting."