October 26, 2016

Out of the Game

Katie could feel her heart pounding in her chest as it was hard to think straight. She had just got Jason back she couldn't lost him now, not again. Keeping pressure on it Katie looked to Trooper for a second knowing he new something was wrong. 

   "I'm here J...Rick is on his way...stay with me...I got you."

Once Rick got there Katie moved quickly but still held Jason's hand. Still talking to him she kept her voice low and soft. She had been out of the game for a long time and even though it was like riding a bike, she felt so rusty. 

Hearing Rick's question Katie looked at him and nodded. She would do whatever they needed for Jason as long as she could stay by his side. She wasn't going to leave him now, not when he needed her.

   "You drive, I'll hold. I just needed help getting him there in case the shooter was still out there. I didn't see anything else though."

Looking down at Jason again she did her best to smile though she was scared. Things would be ok, they just had to be now that things were getting better for them again.

    "I'm sorry I didn't see it sooner J...you are going to be ok though."

Giving a thoughtful nod Destiny understood what Chance was talking about. Though she though he liked his job at the Elite. Maybe the long hours were just getting to him.

   "You know I would more than likely follow you anywhere...."

Taking another sip of her water Destiny smiled. Searching Chance's face for a long moment she just thought to herself. Wondering...they had come a good long ways since the first time they met but still there was so much about him she didn't know. She wondered if that had anything to dow ith him leaving the Elite.

"....but I thought you enjoyed your work with the Elite?"