October 25, 2016

Disappointed

Kirk was just a little disappointed Adison sat up so fast and apologized. It shouldn't surprise him though. This had probably been a little much for the kind of friendship she wanted. She'd seemed so comfortable though...

"Don't be sorry... apparently I make a good pillow and...you're not a bad blanket yourself." He grinned. "I was tempted to just let you sleep but figured you'd wanna go home." He bounced her with his leg. "Up to you though." He should have just let her sleep. What would have really been the harm?

He yawned and stretched out long. "Couch is all yours if you want it," he mumbled. It wasn't like she'd never sacked out here before. Moving himself though, presented a problem since she was still sitting on his legs. "Um..." He bounced her a little again. "If you don't let me up, I'm liable to use you as a blanket again, then you'll never get me up."


Jason gave Katie's hand a squeeze as a soft smile emerged on his face. "And I promise to work on me, too. I know I've hurt you plenty of times and... I can't guarantee I'll be perfect but I'll do my best to let you in instead of pushing you away when the going gets rough." 

His eyes searched hers, finding exactly what he'd been hoping for. Since Misty, he'd wanted nothing but to have Katie back in his life. It had been a miserable kind of lonely without her. Finally...he could see she really was coming back to him, and he couldn't be happier. 

"Now... I'm gonna get a doggie bag to make sure I finish this later. Are we gonna go watch a movie or what?" In the back of his mind, he hoped Thirteen would be working tonight, and Ryder would keep to the upstairs. It had been too long since he'd enjoyed an evening with Katie, just the two of them, and he'd freely admit that's all he wanted right now...to start gaining back some of what he'd lost. Maybe...maybe there was hope after all.