October 30, 2016

Awkward

Dinner? With Ron? So soon? All Kirk's determination to ignore his feelings seemed to go out the window as he blinked. "Oh." He tried to recover and took another sip of coffee to hide his expression. 

"Um, well, yeah...you can come over after." He cocked his head. "Unless it gets to be too late." He could kick himself. Again. Another forced smile. "Should be fun." She looked so excited. How could he deny her that happiness? It wasn't his place. He couldn't ruin that for her. 

Standing awkwardly for a moment, he sighed and thumbed to his desk. "Well, I better get to work, then I gotta get out of here. I'll prolly text ya later."


Rick gave Katie's shoulder a pat. "With or without a connection, you did exactly what you always do so well...you were there for him."

He glanced to the bedroom. "I think we'll let him sleep as long as he wants. When he wakes up though, I'd like to see him...just to be on the safe side."

Leaving her be, he went to the infirmary where he found Misty had just arrived, too. Wandering over to her desk, he just stood in thought for several moments. His face showed concern as he finally glanced up at her. "Jason had one of his fladhback episodes last night... I just... I don't know why, but it really bothers me. I've had his blood work done multiple times lately bur haven't seen anything odd..." Was he really concerned about the strange element's return? He didn't dare voice it.

He locked eyes with Misty. She couldnt breathe a word of this to anyone. "Would you go over the most recent test results? Just...to be sure I didn't miss anything?"